What do you mean by the logical name of the object?
An object’s logical name is determined by its class. In most cases, the logical name is the label that appears on an object.
What is the different between GUI map and GUI map files?
1) The GUI map is actually the sum of one or more GUI map files. There are two modes for organizing GUI map files.
- Global GUI Map file: a single GUI Map file for the entire application
- GUI Map File per Test: WinRunner automatically creates a GUI Map file for each test created.
2) GUI Map file is a file which contains the windows and the objects learned by the WinRunner with its logical name and their physical description.
How do you view the contents of the GUI map?
GUI Map editor displays the content of a GUI Map. We can invoke GUI Map Editor from the Tools Menu in WinRunner. The GUI Map Editor displays the various GUI Map files created and the windows and objects learned in to them with their logical name and physical description.
What is set_window command?
Set_Window command sets the focus to the specified window. We use this command to set the focus to the required window before executing tests on a particular window.
The logical name is the logical name of the window and time is the time the execution has to wait till it gets the given window into focus.
How do you load GUI map?
We can load a GUI Map by using the GUI_load command.
What is the disadvantage of loading the GUI maps through start up scripts?
- If we are using a single GUI Map file for the entire AUT then the memory used by the GUI Map may be much high.
- If there is any change in the object being learned then WinRunner will not be able to recognize the object, as it is not in the GUI Map file loaded in the memory. So we will have to learn the object again and update the GUI File and reload it.
When we load a GUI Map file, the information about the windows and the objects with their logical names and physical description are loaded into memory. So when the WinRunner executes a script on a particular window, it can identify the objects using this information loaded in the memory.
How do you unload the GUI map?
We can use GUI_close to unload a specific GUI Map file or else we call use GUI_close_all command to unload all the GUI Map files loaded in the memory.
Syntax: GUI_close(<file_name>); or GUI_close_all;
What is the purpose of the temp GUI map file?
While recording a script, WinRunner learns objects and windows by itself. This is actually stored into the temporary GUI Map file. We can specify whether we have to load this temporary GUI Map file should be loaded each time in the General Options.
What is the extension of gui map file?
The extension for a GUI Map file is “.gui”.